I had a goal this year to take Korver to a different Christmas light display every week of December. We almost made it. The only week we missed was the week after Christmas. We were going to go to Zoo Lights but he got an ear infection. That's the first one on the list for next year.
The first thing we saw was the Electric Light Parade that Kaysville City holds every year. It's about 7 minutes long. Which was a perfect way to start out the season. I forgot my camera so I only got a couple pictures on my phone before the battery died. The highlight of the parade for Korver was this 50 foot Santa on the back of a trailer. The people riding on the trailer had the pull the stings attached to Santa to pull him down to get under the traffic lights. It was pretty funny.
The next week, we drove through Layton Park's lights. I think this display was probably Korver's favorite. Luckily we went early enough that there weren't too many people there yet, so we were able to drive around the loop like four or five times. I let Korver stand in his car seat so he could see better. Lets just say he wasn't thrilled to get back in his seat when we were ready to leave. I think he could have kept going around and around all night. He just kept saying WOW! When he'd see something he really liked he'd say, "WOW WOW WOW!!!!" It was so cute. He recognized several of the animals and would make their sound when he saw them.

Later that week, Santa came to Bowmans. I know this is totally cheesy but I love having pictures of Korver at the same place where I would get mine taken with Santa each year growing up. Korver didn't even cry. As you can see in the pictures, he wasn't super thrilled about the idea of sitting on his lap. While we were waiting in line, he kept saying, "Ho ho! Ho ho!" He even waved to him good bye. He just didn't like sitting with him too much.

The next adventure almost didn't happen. Karson will probably kill me for writing about this but I want this in my blog book for later. We had planned that we would go for family night. Well Karson had worked the night shift on sunday night. I believe this was his first night shift ever. He probably shouldn't work them either but I'll get to that. Karson came home about 9:30 that morning. He looked so tired. He came in and sat on the couch. I told him to go get in the shower and then go to bed. He said he wasn't tired and he just wanted to sit a watch TV for a bit. He finally decided to go up to bed. A little while later I heard a big bang. It was garbage day and Korver was eating breakfast at the time so I didn't think much of it. But then I got thinking that it sounded like it came from upstairs. I walked upstairs to find the toilet seat up and Karson curled up in a ball in the shower sound asleep. I was like oh great how am I going to get him out of there. In the mean time Korver's screaming "ALL DONE!!!" I finally got Karson awake enough to coax him out of the shower, but that was not after some difficulty and some swinging arms. I got him all nice and tucked back into bed and then headed downstairs to the next disaster. I got Korver all cleaned up and in his playpen playing toys and watching a movie. I went back upstairs and found Karson with his face laying on the toilet seat. TOTALLY DISGUSTING!!!! Now I was getting a little ticked because I thought he was faking the whole thing. I woke him up and told him to go get in the shower. Well after about an hour of arguing with him about where he was, what he was doing, what he had done the night before, and this stupid bump he thought he had on his head he finally got in the shower. I kept going in the bathroom to check on him and he seemed fine. Well the next thing I know he's out of the shower but his sister is at my house. I went downstairs to check on him and he had been crying. He said he was so confused and didn't know what was going. I tried and tried to convince him that everything was fine, but he would not listen. I finally had him convinced to lay down on the air mattress downstairs while I went out to talk to his sister. After explaining to her what had happened that morning, we were both laughing. When I went back in he was FINALLY asleep. When he woke up, he didn't remember anything about that morning. Even with such a crazy day, we still decided to go with our plan of going to see the Temple Square lights. Luckily we had already planned to ride the Frontrunner. Korver loved the train. It was a little cold seeing the lights, but I swear it wouldn't feel the same walking around Temple Square not freezing your butt off! The ride home was really fun too. There was a group of older ladies, all grandmas, that loved Korv. In fact he sat with them most of the way home. They were so cute with him. It was a good thing they were there because I have a feeling that the way home would have been a little more difficult than the way down.



Thursday, January 5, 2012
Pre-Christmas Activities
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment