We got back monday from a fun weekend spent with both our families. The story about our trip wouldn't be complete if I didn't start by telling the story of the night before our getaway began. Thursday night Kars and I were running around like crazy trying to finalize our plans as well as pack. In all the confusion we hadn't had time to eat any dinner. At about 10 Karson decided to make a Michaelina's pizza pocket. Several minutes pass by and I started smelling some burning. I asked Kars what he was eating for dinner. I was in the back room packing my stuff. The next thing I hear is "Uh Kate, can you come in here and help me!" I walked into the kitchen and it was so smoky and smelled terrible. I asked Karson what he was doing. He said "uh ya know that story about when I made lightening in the microwave? Well this time, I made smoke and fire." I said, "You did what!" It ended up that he put in the dinner for 7 mintues instead of 70 seconds. Instead of hot pockets he had charcol. Let's just say when we got back from our trip our house still stunk!
Friday we watched my brother and his team compete at the High School State Championships for track and field. He took 10th in the 300m Hurdles. Not to bad for a soph! We stayed in Orem that night with my family. As we got to the hotel, and parked our car windows would not roll up. We have had so many car problems lately that we almost decided not to go. Kars and my dad figured out it was the circuit breaker for the windows. After driving around orem and provo with no luck finding the right part, the decided to try the broken one again. It worked enough to get the window up. YAY!!
After a late night staying up to watch the Jazz almost come back and will. Kars and I stopped at a dealership and then headed on the road to Vegas to attend Karson's brother-in-law Mike graduate from medical school. We had a great time being with family and helping Kara and Mike move.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Our fun weekend getaway!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That sounds so fun!! Glad everything worked out and way to go Karson on the microwave damage!
Glad you liked the house Kate! Come for a visit anytime!! :) You should move there too! That would be awesome! Although, I don't think your mom would like having you that far away.
Sounds like your weekend was fun. What a funny start with the microwave! Silly Karson!!!
Post a Comment